South America Mission adds value to our sending church partnerships by receiving well new missionaries as they arrive in their assigned contexts of ministry. Prayerful attention is given to welcoming and integrating missionaries into their new ministry and cultural contexts; we are looking for missionaries who can contribute to fortifying our community by giving this attention as their ministry focus. The responsibilities of a Missionary Care and Orientation facilitator include but are not limited to:
- develop and maintain field orientation manuals and lead new missionaries through the orientation process;
- help with housing arrangements and navigating the Visa process for new arrivals;
- be aware of new missionaries in the pipeline in order to keep field teams abreast of projected arrival dates and to ensure that teams are ready to integrate new members;
- be aware of missionary professional development and pastoral needs in order to coordinate proper care with field leadership;
- work with ministry team leaders to maintain a general understanding of ministry team personnel needs in order to liaise with field directors and SAM’s mobilization director to facilitate sending.
Reach out to SAM’s missions coach, Ally Lee, email@example.com, to begin a dialogue today.