Because He Lives
As we prepare for this Easter season, we remember the gift of salvation. We remember that the crucifixion of Christ leads us to the power of His resurrection. Because of the finished work of Jesus, we have hope for today and tomorrow. As believers, we are called to share this truth not just today but for all tomorrows.
Because He lives, our missionaries and partners work to share the gospel, reproduce authentic disciples of Jesus, plant churches, train leaders, and equip God’s people to minister transformationally. We reach out to those who live without hope. We invite you to join us as bold witnesses to those who are overwhelmed with life and world events. Comfort those who face trials of every kind. Share that God is in control. Pray without ceasing.
Oh the joy of that moment, when the light of Jesus cuts through the darkness, when the impossible becomes possible, when hope springs eternal…
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28
Because He lives, All fear is gone.
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
Because I know He holds the future.
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29:11
And life is worth the living just because He lives.
“I have come that they may have life, and have it abundantly.” John 10:10
1. Pray for Dan and Julie Snyder. The governor declared a state of emergency where they live in the state of Acre, Brazil. There is an outbreak of COVID-19, dengue, major flooding, and refugee concerns. Pray for the Snyders’ safety and health. Pray for their local community and friends who are personally suffering and have lost loved ones.
2. Pray for Colombia. The country continues to struggle with COVID-19, and the local government reinstates stay-at-home lockdowns often. Many churches are empty throughout the week and services are pre-recorded. Pray for our team in Colombia as they continue to minister through lockdowns and strict protocols.
3. Pray for Kaylee and Nilton Solier. Pray that these newlyweds keep God at the center of their marriage. Pray for their next steps as they prepare for a two-year internship in Guatemala.
4. Pray for our missionaries starting in their ministry locations. Pray for Tim and Mindy Callahan as they leave at the end of March to serve in Brazil at the Ammi Training Center. Pray that the interview for their visa will go smoothly and be approved quickly.
5. Pray for Jason and Jenna Weigner. Pray for this couple as they build sustainable, gospel-centered communities among the indigenous and rural peoples of eastern Bolivia. Pray for wisdom and patience as they raise four young boys.
6. Pray for Ken and Angela Massey. Praise God for the Massey family’s faithful service to SAM in Bolivia and the Home Office. As they transition to small business owners, we pray God’s continued provision for their family and guidance as they acquire a local business.
7. Pray for the Santa Cruz Christian Learning Center. Pray for the SCCLC in Bolivia as they develop students academically and spiritually with a vision for impacting the world. Pray for the administration and teachers as they begin virtual classes.
8. Pray for the SAMAIR Peru Hangar Project. Pray for the SAMAIR Peru team as they work to rebuild the floatplane hangar. Pray for needed materials, quick progress, and safety.
9. Pray for Joel and Angel Ballew. Pray as they work on establishing a new business in Barranquilla, Colombia that could serve to catalyze a gospel ecosystem in that city.
10. Pray for our missionaries returning to their ministry locations. Pray for Cesar and Grace Cubas as well as Larry and Bonnie Secrest. Pray for their safe travel back to Peru and no issues re-entering the country.
11. Pray for Indigenous People Groups. Praise God that COVID-19 vaccinations are reaching indigenous people in South America. Pray for healing and peace as COVID continues to affect those across the country with limited healthcare options.
12. Pray for Jeff HAuse. Pray for endurance and strength as Jeff continues teaching virtually at the CIET (Center for Integrated Theological Studies) in Bolivia. He is teaching Leadership this semester while also pursuing his own studies for his Master of Arts in Christian Ministry through the Southern California Seminary.
13. Pray for Easter Celebrations. Pray for our missionaries and partners who will lead services, Sunday School, children and youth activities, and more during the Easter weekend. May God give them boldness to proclaim the risen Christ. May their places of worship or screens be filled with those seeking the hope only found in Jesus.