In all things, we seek to submit our actions, intentions and resources unto the Lord for his glory and the establishment of his kingdom on Earth. This is the focus of our strategic goal of “organizational excellence”; not that we in human efforts can become perfect, but in our submission as we release our human desire for control, as well as our prideful tendencies, Christ meets us in our inadequacies and strengthens us in our weakness.
We continually hope to improve, by God’s grace, our internal communications, leadership, administrative efforts, organizational systems and processes, as well as our partnerships, so that in all things it is Christ who is glorified and his ministry enabled to the fullest. “So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31.
Pray with us this month, that in our efforts to grow and enhance our organization God would guide us in each change and grant us wisdom in each step. Pray for our leaders, staff members, personnel and partners as we seek to surrender ourselves daily unto the Lord.
ORGANIZATIONAL EXCELLENCE PRAYERS
1. Pray for Eric Schultz, who is the newest member to join our Home Office staff. Eric’s arrival completes our Senior Leadership Team and as he steps into the role of International Staff Director, we look forward to seeing his impact on our missionary community. Pray for the Schultz family as they continue their transition to Fort Mill, SC from Arizona. Pray that their children transition well in their new school environments and that the family finds a good church community to support them. Ask God to guide Eric’s integration into the Home Office team and that God would provide full financial support for their family’s needs.
2. Pray for Melissa Weissenberger, our new Mobilization Director. Pray for her transition into this role as she releases her responsibilities in communications and begins to set mobilization goals for the remainder of 2018. Pray that God would grant her wisdom in strategy and that he would use Melissa to continue to mobilize a new mission force for the gospel. Pray also for the Personnel team as Melissa serves with our Member Care and International Staff directors, that God would unite them in their effort to serve our missionary community and cast vision for growth and wellness.
3. Pray for SAM’s goal to see our Vision embraced across our fields. Ask God to continue to provide guidance for strategy and vision in each ministry context. As we gather new missionaries, pray that they would effectively carry our Mission and Vision to God’s glory. Pray also that God would inspire our missionary community and leadership to seek the most effective ways to build towards our Vision.
4. Pray for the sale of a SAM-owned property in Peru. Ask God for his guidance over the division of assets and investment with the proceeds from the sale of this property. Pray that God would guide this sale to its close and that their would be unity amongst our team in how to invest the proceeds.
5. Pray for new opportunities for ministry in Latin America. As we continue to integrate our ministries with TEAM and through partnerships with City to City Latin America, God is taking us to new geographic regions in Latin America, expanding our influence into these places. Pray for the possibility to partner with key ministries and regional leaders in Trinidad & Tobago and in Argentina. Ask God to bless these initiatives and grant wisdom to those overseeing and evaluating ministry integration.
6. Pray for our Proven Leader Partnership program which provides further education for proven leaders through church partnerships. Partnership with key churches allows SAM to invest in further education which enhances our Latin American partners’ effectiveness in ministry. PLP funds help provide grants to key Latin American partners to study and grow in their ministry area. Ask God to provide funding for the training for leaders in the South American church.
7. Pray for financial generosity to ministry throughout the final months of this fiscal year. Ask God to provide for and fully fund our missionaries and ministries. Pray also for SAM’s Vision Fund which enables SAM to invest in new ministry endeavors, mobilization of more missionaries and the shepherding of our team. Pray that God would provide financial resources to the Vision Fund to allow our team to continue to grow and serve our missionary community well.
8. Pray for the upcoming November Leadership Meetings. This year SAM and TEAM will be participating in strategic leadership meetings together once more, collaborating effectively on strategy for Latin America. Pray for our leaders as they plan and prepare for these meetings, that they would have a common vision for their time together. Ask God to bless the partnership of SAM and TEAM as we seek to grow his kingdom in one accord. Pray that this gathering of Latin American missional leadership would be a fruitful time of prayer and vision for God’s glory.
9. Pray for SAM, TEAM, SEND, and Crossworld as they officially form a new association this month. September marks the founding of this association wherein we hope to see more effective strategies developed, leveraging our organizational strengths across our entities to continue to improve systems and visions between our like-minded gospel-centered initiatives. Pray for the wise design of the structure of this association, that it would promote kingdom-mindedness and not just create another entity to maintain. Pray that the communication of this collaboration to supporters would encourage their joy in the gospel and cultivate joy in Jesus and not in individual organizations.
10. Pray for our field administrators and our need for more missionaries gifted with administration. Ask God to provide leadership and gospel-workers gifted in accounting to bring necessary and much-needed support to our fields and the overall integrity of our field finances and strategy. Pray that God would sustain the work of our current field administrators as they balance ministry, administration and their own families.
Download this month’s prayer guide: September Prayer Guide.