For Thine is the Kingdom: Prayer of Praise to God
Reflection: We start a new year still in a pandemic. Therefore, our team continues to face shutdowns, restrictions, isolation, obstacles, weariness, and many questions. Through it all and into this new year, we acknowledge that our Father in Heaven, the Great Almighty, is enough. We hand over our prayers and our needs. We hold tight to faith, trust in His way, and His timing. We surrender our will. We remember that God has the power to do far more than we can imagine. Together, we pray for all things to be done to God’s glory and believe that God is faithful to answer. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, forever and ever. Amen.
This month, we specifically pray for the 2021 plans and needs of each SAM missionary, staff, and ministry. It is our prayer that we would hold loosely to our plans with our eyes open to His presence. May we offer up praise to God as David did:
1 Chronicles 29:10-13 (NIV)
David praised the Lord in the presence of the whole assembly, saying,
“Praise be to you, Lord,
the God of our father Israel,
from everlasting to everlasting.
Yours, Lord, is the greatness and the power
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor,
for everything in heaven and earth is yours.
Yours, Lord, is the kingdom;
you are exalted as head over all.
Wealth and honor come from you;
you are the ruler of all things.
In your hands are strength and power
to exalt and give strength to all.
Now, our God, we give you thanks,
and praise your glorious name.”
1. Praise for God’s provision in providing more than enough funding to replace the SAMAIR Peru floatplane. Thank Him for the outpouring of generosity from our donors. It was truly more than we could imagine. Pray for next steps as the team begins to purchase, outfit, and import to Peru a replacement floatplane and rebuild the hangar.
2. Pray for our missionaries returning to their ministry locations. Pray smooth transitions for David and Lisa Speyers and their three girls, Sarah, Emily, and Jessica, as they return to Peru in early January.
3. Pray for our missionaries starting in their ministry locations. Pray for Ryan and Jenny Dawson and their four children: Ashton, Aria, Beckham, Brendee as they leave in early January to serve with SAMAIR Peru. Pray for Ally Lee as she leaves in mid-February to support church planting in Peru.
4. Pray for our missionary kids. They are also missing their “normal” during this ongoing pandemic. Ask God to help the little eyes, little ears, little bodies, and tender souls process as best they can.
5. Pray for the parents of our missionary kids. Renew parents’ energy as the pandemic continues. Pray for wisdom as they equip their children with the skills and habits that will disciple them through this storm and future storms. Give them discernment, patience, and great love.
6. Pray for Natalie Suff. Pray the Lord’s favor as she continues to raise support while under quarantine in the United Kingdom. Natalie is close to the amount needed to return to Bolivia as a member missionary. May God bless her and her work abundantly.
7. Pray for the next phase of South America Mission Center, Brazil. Ask God to help the team acquire 7.5 fenced acres in Recife that is already developed with facilities (a main building for events which can also sleep 30, outdoor covered chapel, pool). Pray that this space would meet current training and leadership needs as well as serve pastors, churches, leaders, and young people.
8. Pray for Steven and Jen Freund as they transition to a new home, city, culture, and community. They moved from Arequipa, Peru to Lima at the end of December. As they join the Lima team in planting a church during a pandemic, ask God to direct their next steps and plans in 2021.
9. Pray for ministry expansion in Gaira, a small town on the Caribbean coast of Colombia. Ask God to help us support the growing church plant and secure physical space to meet their needs. Join us in asking God to fill the people and the area with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God. (Philippians 1:11)
10. Pray for our leadership team in the Home Office. As they seek to set strategy and a ministry road map for the next ten years in Latin America, ask God to reveal His will and His desires. Pray that our leadership team develops goals and timelines that match God’s plans. Also, pray that we continue to hold fast to our vision: Dynamic churches multiplied across South America that transform local communities and the world as they embody the Kingdom of God.